Life lately has been really topsy-turvy with my nocturnal schedule.My mom woke me up today asking if I already gave the dogs a bath. I replied with, “Yeah, I’ll give them a bath later.” She was so confused when ‘later’ will be because as it turns out, it’s already 6 in the evening. Hahaha!
Work’s fine but I’m having trouble making friends primarily because I treat my workmates (?? it’s weird to call them officemates) like how I treat my classmates from GE subjects. They just happen to be the people I have to spend my day with because I have to work. When 5AM strikes, my brain just sets in to travel mode and I make a beeline towards the door. The people I work with are okay but I still haven’t found that one friend I would get along with.
Here’s a list of things that’s kept me sane for the past two weeks:
- The Office – I started to watch The Office just this month and although I’m still having trouble liking Steve Carell’s character, I’m still pushing through with this endeavor for my love of Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak.
- Beyonce’s album. Yep. I’m still not over it. Also, I can now sing Drunk In Love without having to consult AZLyrics. If ever I have to perform for work (latecomers are to perform something), I am SO ready for it. Luckily, I’m always on time.
- E-mail exchanges with friends. Since Facebook, Twitter, and any other kind of social media site is blocked at work, and my crazy schedule, the only way I can keep up with the latest gossip with my friends is through email. My friends and I would exchange emails about the most mundane things and write it as if it were a business letter.
- Kikomachine Komix Blg 10: Sanduguan ng Sangkalawakan I have to say that this book is exceptionally funnier than the other ones released. It’s cool to ‘grow up’ with these nameless characters and experience the same things with them. You’d know what I’m talking about when you read this volume.
- My organized iTunes library
- Bonus: Getting a perfect (and the highest) score during the assessment. I try no to show it at work but I’m totally excited about this. I really am crazy competitive when it comes to these things. 😥 Even if I know that nobody’s really competing with me. I just have this strong desire to beat other people. (I am crazy.)
And in other news, I just turned twenty-three! After a quick lunch at Wooden Spoon with the family, I just spent most of the day at home sleeping. Yay, for another year!